What kind of humor do you think you most develop after reading your usual manga?
Awkward

User rating of this review - 5 out of 5
Story/Plot - 5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

Plot/Story: This story generally focuses on two couples - Izumi & Takamiya and Aoe & Naoya. Aoe runs a men's "call-girl" type service called Blue Boy, so the series also has some stories based on other characters that revolve around Blue Boy. The manga starts out with the meeting of Izumi and Takamiya, which doesn't go too well. Takamiya mistakes Izumi as a guy from Blue Boy and things don't turn out too well, but Takamiya falls in love with Izumi and the story goes on from there.

Characters: The main characters are what really drive the story, but there are a lot of side characters who add a lot as well. Some of the employees from Blue Boy get thier own stories which are quite sweet. The primary side characters are Aoe's brother and his lover who also get a back story. So, all the characters are interconnected somehow.

Drawing Style: It's ok, it can seem dated compared to some of the newer sleeker styles that you see more in yaoi. The artist does a great job on the facial expressions though

Enjoyment: I really liked it. The ending makes it a little bittersweet, but it's a very enjoyable series. I also liked all the extra characters and thier stories because it helped make the series more interesting.

Overall: I would recommend this. However, the first few chapters aren't indicative of what the series is like, so I would read at least into volume 2 to get a better feel for the series. The first chapter (and one side story) is probably the raciest one in the series. There isn't a lot of sex, but it does pop up here and there, so this may be more suited for 16+ readers.

No Subject by ngoctram631992 on June 14th, 2007, 7:51am Rating: 5

Love Mode is one of the best yaoi mangas. I have read it for many times and yet, I can't get bored with it. All the characters are unique and not the same. I really really love this manga.

I LOVE IT! by keiichirou on February 22nd, 2007, 9:27pm Rating: 5

I love it! I thought I wasn't going to like it when I saw the drawing style but hell, the story totally pulled me in. I've cried and laughed together with the manga and it's awesome! =D
The only regret I have is that I've read until Volume 8. I wanted to buy the complete volume of the manga(in chinese) but I let it go halfway. =( I'm rethinking my decision now since I've saved up money (coz CNY is here)!~ =D
MY FAVE PAIRING IS AOE X NAOYA!! XD

No Subject by tEnSaI25 on June 22nd, 2006, 10:33pm Rating: 5

Love Mode is my first yaoi series & is still my favourite one. It's not typical yaoi series just about sex. Love Mode has the story, the plot. It's very touching, sensitive yet at the same time, there is sex. A MUST READ for all BL fans

Will Always be my first! by Kojika on June 21st, 2006, 5:41am Rating: 5

This too was also my fist manga. So beauitiful and cute. My fave couple would have to be the first with Taka and Izumi I really wanted them to show up a lot more. lol but Izumi looks quite funny when he becomes an adult.. not has baby cute but still handsome *giggle*
Naoya and Aoe are ok too i guess. but it seems more than anione all together the series focuses on them more (especially Aoe). For some reason i just couldn't bring myself to like them (especially Naoya) I don't know why *sigh* perhaps i'm picky.. but even so without Aoe-san it seems Love Mode just wouldn't be the same.

No Subject by Isabella on June 11th, 2006, 4:52pm Rating: 5

This too was one of my first yaoi series. I love how all their stories are woven together to give us an overall story of all the people involved with Blue Boy club. Sometimes... yaoi can be plot-less, almost like PWP of fanfics but this should be a must read~

Pages (2) [ 1 2 ] Next Page