Which operating system are you using on your main computer?
Windows
Apple (Mac, Rhapsody, etc)
Linux

Story/Plot - 5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 3 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

Plot/Story
Kitano Seiichirou is a high school boy with the heart of an angel, but the countenance of a demon, everything about his appearance exudes an evil aura, despite his true intentions. Even while crying he looks scary. This leads to many misunderstandings as he tries to fit in to his new high school and live his every day life as normally as possible. He meets characters of all sorts, some who come to understand his true, caring character, and some (many) who continue to misunderstand his nature. As the series continues, it slowly moves away from gang-like themes to character-heavy interactions.

The story is very original, despite its seemingly quick-to-become-old-fast theme. Truthfully, i didn't expect much from the story when i first read the summary, i thought it would be a bunch of repetitive misunderstanding throughout the entire series. And it is, but with so much variety and personality in those misunderstandings, that you will hardly get tired of seeing it happen over and over again. In fact, i found that i started looking forward to how each new 'misunderstanding' will be presented and in some cases, righted.

Characters
Fantastic character development and personalities, some are annoying to no end, but many are easily like-able. Kitano himself is a wonderful character; thoughtful, naive, and very accepting. He never blames others when they turn violent against him (usually due to his appearance), always somehow trying to find fault in himself to give others justification for their anger, always believing the best in people. The supporting characters are great too, varied and unique personalities, ranging from respectful, to cynical; from kind, to arrogant. Their mixed personalities often lead to very comical, burst-out-in-laughter situations, but all the while holding onto a sort of sincerity.

Terrible, really. But some would say that the poor art adds a certain charm to the story on a whole. I personally prefer story and character over art. But, and it may please many to hear, the art DOES improve over time, become more solid and definitive. But still, i can't stress this enough, this is a series which shines mainly because of its character interactions and storyline, do NOT judge it solely on its artwork in the first few volumes.

Enjoyment
Very, very enjoyable. My favorite part of this series is the characters. The comments they make seem so original in most cases. They're all literally so full of life, like the mangaka is simply re-telling something that the characters themselves experience, not something he planned out. As stated in one of the comment panels in one of the volumes, it seems that all he did was created the characters, whatever happens after that all depends on them.

Overall
Great manga, unstable releases, but great all the same. Art is negligible, and truthfully, a grateful trade for a fantastic plot and characters. Unlike a lot of other mangas out there that have amazing art but little to no storyline, not to mention despicable characters. Good change of pace, really reminds one that art should be used to accentuate a story, not replace it completely.

what's wrong with the art??? by concrete on February 18th, 2008, 12:51pm Rating: 4

i think the art is much better in the beginning, it looks more unique than bad.
but i guess that's just a matter of opinion...

recommended by Zedman on July 4th, 2007, 1:25am Rating: 5

this manga is the best comedy manga i ever. i even recommended it to my friend and brother. at first they ignore it but after push them for a while, they agree to try the 1st 3 chapter. guess what, they like it and ever since then they start to follow the release. heh, really, u cant get enough with this manga.

No Subject by Ahcoo on May 13th, 2007, 7:30pm Rating: 5

I shunned this manga at first because of the art but after some constant nagging from my friend to read it, I try to and I found it very interesting and funny, just ignore the art at first, if you get hooked by the story(there's abig chance of that if you follow my advice) you will not care about the art, you may even consider it quite nice.

No Subject by EvilTomte on April 19th, 2007, 7:43pm Rating: 4.7

Good review and very accurate. Though I'd give the art 2/5 just 'cause it's bad... The rest are 5's for sure. Good job.

the funniest by chibiPhreek on April 17th, 2007, 8:03pm Rating: 5

This is one of the funniest manga i have ever read! At first i was kinda hesitant to read it because of the art but the plot makes everything up! The story is funny, and interesting. I kept laughing. I really recommend this manga! XD

Pages (2) [ 1 2 ] Next Page