For a really long, ongoing series, you prefer to
Keep reading since you're already so invested
Keep reading as long it's good
After a certain point, just stop and wait for it to finish then read the entire thing at once
Just give up reading after a certain point

Kimi ni wa Katenai
by Akari on May 28th, 2007, 6:27pm

Rating - 7.2 / 10.0

User rating of this review - N/A out of 5
Story/Plot - 2 out of 5
Drawing Style - 3 out of 5
Overall - 4 out of 5

Plot/Story
And all-boys school... Yuuhi, as owner of the land where the school was built, enters in this new environment not knowing a thing about this new schools rules. Being a country boy, some habits of the young men there are a little *strange* to him. Having quite some power in there as the dorm leader, he tries to get some rules in there, but the guys won't accept the 'no kissing, no groping' rules easily... As they try to convince Yuuhi to leave the school, he ends learning more than he wished to knew!

Characters
The characters are definitely something that made me love this series. If you are a yaoi fan, you'll expect the main character to be a cute, shy, innocent and generaly 'uke' boy, but let's say he kicks some balls, even being stupid enough to get drugged easily everyday. Also, eveybody who seems 'bad' aren't that much, and even the three sons of the chairman can't help but make you giggle!

The drawing is very simple, but somehow it works fairly well for that sort of manga. I've definitely seen better, but if the style was complicated it wouldn't be so 'moe'. Also, the profiles are GREAT. I just love the noses and the mouths in the profiles~

Enjoyment
I don't like yaoi mangas. Sure, I love slashing characters, but the cliches in yaoi bother me enough not to read it. This one was kinda different. Of course the story is a long overused plot, but it WORKS. The mangaka did a wonderful job portraiting the characters, they feel very real, and you can identify with them, their problems in love and relationships.
Also, this is pretty hilarious. And cute. And heartwarming.
Plus, there's no weeping uke cliche here.
And the sex scenes are great! They aren't too detailed, it's just in the right measure! Oh, and there're no beams of light either.

Overall
Approved! I have a soft spot for this one, so if you are into yaoi manga, don't miss this! It's far better than many things I've read...

There are no comments/ratings of this review.