Which kind of story would you find more interesting
Dystopia

Story/Plot - 4 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4 out of 5
Overall - 4 out of 5

Plot/Story
first thing to say about "kare kano" is that this series is most definately NOT COMEDY.
sure-it will make you smile while reading it, but this is merely because of the shoujo atmosphere youll get from every single page.
kare kano is a deep shoujo drama, that will take you to the dark places in the characters heart and past, and make you sink together with them into the darkness, and then come back, as they heal their wounds.
tho the story is definately addictive, and you will not be able to stop reading it, towards the end i found miself flipping the pages in light speed, without reading a thing.

one thing for sure, if you ever suffered from serious depression,i suggest you to not read this manga, because it will take you back there no matter what ur reasons were, and im speaking from experience here.

Characters
the characters are very loveble, and are easy to connect with.
especially arima, who will captivate you from the start, and make you go down the path of darkness together with him.
all the characters grow and develope during the progress of the story, and you will notice their appearance changing, together with their personalities, or mental state.

the drawing style reminds of a classic shoujo, its light, its slow, and you can hear the piano and violins in the background.

Enjoyment
i cant fully say that i enjoyed this manga. it took me back to places i didnt want to go back to, and i skipped large parts of it because i was afraid to find something even more frightening. i really prefer comedies to run away from reality to, but i would not like to run away into THAT REALITY. its a drama.

Overall
overall, i think its a good and deep (too dep if you ask me) manga for people who are looking for tragedy, or want to understand how depressed people think.

less than it deserves by kira819 on February 22nd, 2008, 1:22pm Rating: 2.5

I'm if this may offend you but I seriously think this deserves a better review than what you gave it. True that some parts may be a little disturbing, but it's reality and I like the way how the mangaka was able to use real life issues instead of those overused and plain ridiculous cliche plots many shoujo manga has. This work is a masterpiece if not almost near it. I believe the plots were one of the best things about this manga and giving it a 3 just because you it wasn't you type of story isn't really fair, I'm sure despite some of its "dark" moments there are alot more inspiring and tear jerking moments that come with it and alot of people would come to enjoy it very much.

joke? by kamasutra69 on June 27th, 2007, 12:45pm Rating: 1

you give 8? you cant be serious. pls re-read
plot interesting and very good
art isnt important
characters well development and interesting.

Okay review by Takiko on June 13th, 2007, 4:27pm Rating: 2.7

I have to deduct something for your rating because if one is submitting something for review, one shouldn't write it without proper captilization to be taken more seriously. It could have been fixed with MS Word easily if one owns it (because it fixes capitization on its own with the autocorrect default settings.) I think reviews get a fair amount of viewing if they are announced on the front page. Also, this manga is already well-known through the anime and that it is licensed, so even if it's the only review here, I'm sure there are more in-depth reviews of the manga, even a review for each volume as the series was released from TokyoPop.

But hmmm, I wonder even though I think I'm a "dark" person, since I watched all the anime, would the matter about Arima be something for me to shed lots of tears over? But I can't help but think since Yukino is involved and is at Arima's side that this manga ends with hope at least. I guess it'd be really depressing if I'm in a crappy family situation like Arima's but I don't have someone like Yukino to support me though. sad But if the situation is bad enough, maybe one isn't sitting around reading manga while stuck in it (well, except to get relief or avoid the situation).

Just an opinion.. by ratyz on June 12th, 2007, 3:37pm Rating: 4

Well, though the anime version did stir a bit with comedic episodes and funny expression from characters, it wasn't fully rendered in anime and lasted quite a few episodes. Since I think it really came from a manga, it would be more authentic since unlike live broadcasts where viewers can be anyone in any age range, it won't be edited at all.

Which have led me to assume that it would be more potent.

Lead charactrers are a bit spacey with constant thoughts, then again, they are quite smart so they do think a bunch most of the time.

I just have to read it in the manga..

so so by ranmaru on June 11th, 2007, 1:51pm Rating: 3

hmmm....this is one of my all time favorites, i think it deserves more than what you gave it.