Which operating system are you using on your main computer?
Windows
Apple (Mac, Rhapsody, etc)
Linux

User rating of this review - 3.75 out of 5
Story/Plot - 4 out of 5
Characters - 4.5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4.5 out of 5
Overall - 4.5 out of 5

Storyline: 8/10
The story of Battle Royale is familiar to many people. Not only is it a manga, but also a popular japanese novel, and 2 movies in Japan. It's a very gruesume and violent story. Battle Royale centers around killing others in order to survive. I'll just say it right now. This manga is not for everyone. Even though the story is horific, it is a good one. I found the manga to get better as it progressed.

Characters: 9/10
This the high point in Battle Royale. Out of the 42 students, many will die quickly. But there are around 10-15 that I felt were great individuals. I felt passion for those characters. Battle Royale (while it may not seem like it) is a drama. You get to know these characters, and have feelings for them. Then they die. Battle Royale does a great job that developing many of the characters.

Artwork: 8.5/10
Battle Royale is a bloody manga. No, it's more than bloody. It's sick and disgusting. Some people may get sick stomachs by reading BR. If you have a weak stomach and/or are squeemish to blood and violence, avoid BR. I don't mean to sound "evil", but the violent scenes look great. Some characters are killed in the coolest ways. Another great aspect of the artwork is the emotions. BR strives by showing the emotions of the characters. I'm not sure what liquid you'll see more: blood or tears.

Overall: 8.5/10
Battle Royale was a very good manga, that's hard to recommend. If violence, sex, and more violence doesn't bother you, then you should read Battle Royale. You'll probably have a great time reading it.

No Subject by gon54 on May 26th, 2008, 6:41pm Rating: 3

the movie was alright but i haven't seen the manga

overrated by kamasutra69 on July 10th, 2007, 2:37am Rating: 3

well. i dont read manga for artwork but you cant give 9 for artwork
this manga overall 8/10 . you lose.

novel~ by Pomegranate on June 17th, 2007, 6:40pm Rating: 5

Ha! I read the novel....It scarred me....It was all good....

nice review by ranmaru on June 14th, 2007, 6:37pm Rating: 4

you got most the points, but you seemed to talk about other stuff and not much about the story line or artwork, you did the characters greatly smile