How big of a manga fan are you (in terms of # of series read / reading)?
Beginner (<10)

User rating of this review - N/A out of 5
Story/Plot - 5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 5 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

dubbed by fans as: The Bible Of The Youth, says something about how great it is.

Plot/Story
You see two characters and their relationship with eachother grow.Let us face it, most of the story/plot is the basic shoujo goodness. But that doesn't automatically mean i didn't like it. In fact, I loved it and I still do. It isn't the story that has to be very great and original, it doesn't even try to be original. But the
way it is told is what makes the story and the plot so good. It is the way it is told, and in this manga, it just hits the spot.

Kare Kano is a deep shoujo drama, that will take you to the dark places in the characters heart and past, and make you sink together with them into the darkness, and then come back, as they heal their wounds.
Although the drama definitely has the overtone, you get enough comedy and romance to keep it light enough to not start crying.

About the depression thing moritana talked about in his review: I also draw from personal experience and I have not in the least have gotten depressed or uneasy thanks to this manga. It is safe to read.

Characters
Ah, the characters. Probably where this manga shines the most. The main characters are Yukino Miyazawa and Souichiro Arima. Most of the story revolves around their development, but you get to know the other characters too. you learn their reasons for moving every day, you learn their history and you learn who they love and how they came to that point. Everybody who frequently appears undergoes a development.

They all are lovable, and there will always be a character you will be able to connect with.

The drawing isn't too special. Typical Shoujo. Also, it swtiched to chibi often, which annoyed me a bit. Yes it fitted in with the comdey very well, but the chibiness was sometimes used at bad moments, which seriously annoyed me. Luckily this became less as the series progressed. As for the rest, nothing too special, but executed well and very detailed.

Enjoyment
For me, the mix of drama, romance and comedy just hit the right spot. I too had some troubles with my youth and have had problems because of that till this day. Although I used to look alot like Souichiro about plotting revenge, so I could very closely relate to Souichiro. It definitely has the mix to keep you going on reading it.

Overall
I recommend this to everyone, I don't there are alot of people on this planet who would dislike it. I think it could even help alot of people getting over their problems and weaknesses. It rightfully deserves a place in the Top 3 all-time Best Shoujo Manga, if not manga in general. READ IT! NOW!

There are no comments/ratings of this review.