For a really long, ongoing series, you prefer to
Keep reading since you're already so invested
Keep reading as long it's good
After a certain point, just stop and wait for it to finish then read the entire thing at once
Just give up reading after a certain point

To-LOVE-Ru - Trouble -
by Master_M2K on February 11th, 2008, 7:15pm

Rating - 6.8 / 10.0

User rating of this review - 1.6 out of 5
Story/Plot - 3 out of 5
Drawing Style - 3.5 out of 5
Overall - 3.5 out of 5

Plot/Story
When reading a manga, the first impression it leaves is always the most important however To-LOVE-Ru, in the beginning, gives of the impression of a stupid, Sci-fi, Romantic, Comedy and throughout the story this doesnít change much. Itís basically about a high school boy (Rito) who is forced into becoming a marriage candidate for an alien girl (Lala) and he has to protect her from other marriage candidates or Earth is doomed. Pretty basic I must say and in between the few marriage candidate confrontations is a typical Rom/Com, full of idiotic sci-fi elements and shounen manga clichés.

In the beginning, the artwork has to be the worst aspect of the manga, with really plain looking characters but on the other hand at least thereís some decent fanservice. Even so the backgrounds are plain with no detail put into them whatsoever, so donít expect any beautifully drawn double pages, in this manga.

Characters
The characters are pretty typical for a Shounen Rom/Com; we have Rito Yuuki the pathetic teenage boy, Haruna Sairenji the love interest and Lala the gorgeous alien girl. There are other characters but they just appear when necessary and then disappear at a momentís notice.

Overall/ Enjoyment
Overall To-LOVE-Ru is just basically the same old typical Rom/Com we are all familiar with (Love Hina, Ichigo 100%, etc.) and any experienced anime/manga lover could easily follow the predictable storyline. Thereís a few interesting developments and laughs to be had but I can honestly say that I have read better ones than this.

^_^

No Subject by LastExile777 on April 8th, 2009, 3:03am Rating: 1

I disagree with your opinion of the artwork and characters but agree with your opinion of the story. Art is good and characters are ok too ( even if they not a original)

Hmm.... by albeitalways on August 3rd, 2008, 5:35am Rating: 3

I agree with your rating on the plot (it's basically a remake of Urusei Yatsura, the one that started it all) but not for the artwork. The artwork's actually nice compared to other titles of the same genre.

While I agree with your opinions on how mediocre and average to the core the rest of the characters are, I also agree with Master_M2K's opinions on how you write the description for the characters. You simply stated your opinions, not on why did you think they deserved those 'personal judgments' of yours.

No Subject by Master_M2K on June 19th, 2008, 9:25am Rating: 2

I must admit that this review does suck, seeing how judgmental and opinionated it is. Well I've improved it on another site (MAL) but it's a shame that I can't edit this one: http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=671 ^_^

No Subject by xxPsychoxx on April 19th, 2008, 8:03am Rating: 1

The story line is predictable, but i still love it. I disagree with your opinion of the artwork. It owns and i love it. The charachters are much better drawn then the loser art of ichigo 100%. So i think this review just fails hard.^^

fail by baka324 on April 12th, 2008, 2:54pm Rating: 1

"In the beginning, the artwork has to be the worst aspect of the manga"