How big of a manga fan are you (in terms of # of series read / reading)?
Beginner (<10)

Story/Plot - 3 out of 5
Drawing Style - 5 out of 5
Overall - 4 out of 5

Plot/Story
Sebastian Michaels is the perfect butler: not only is he capable of solving any problem quickly and precisely, he is also great in everything he does, from cooking to taking care of his young master. Not to mention that he's a skilled martial artist too, and hell of a good looking one! Some people are just born with talent and bauty....
But Sebastian is no person: actually, he's a demon. His master is Ciel Phantomhive, a twelve years old boy from nobility who is quite great all by himself.
Add to their story Jack the Ripper, Dorian Gray, shinigamis with chainsaws, three servants who fail so much that compensate Sebastian's greatness, a lovely art and costumes that just make any Gothic Loli fan swoon - and that results in Kuroshitsuji.

For such a great manga, you may question me why I gave 3 to plot rating.The response is that, because it's such a new manga, three volumes only, the story is still begining, the main plot is starting to show up.

Characters
Sure, the characters aren't that original. Great and capabl servant, the young rich cold and clever boy, the creepy guy who is hot in it's own way, the fangirl... Even falling in stereotypes sometimes, the characters have charisma of their own and are very likeable.

It is hot. Way hot.
Okay, maybe I should comment a little bit more. It's my favorite style: the art is clean even though the artist takes care in detailing, the characters are gorgeous/cute, the background, super nifty. My favorite aspect is the clothing, everything they use is real pretty.

Enjoyment
I like this a lot. This manga has everything I like in a manga: pretty people and clothes (yes, I'm this shallow), interesting characters, some slashy goodness (oh yes, can't you have a master/servant relationship without it, no?), mystery and some blood. If you have the same tastes as me, I bet you'll do love it too.

Overall
Kuroshitsuji is worth being read. It has potential to be something so, so great.

New manga= Poor rating . . ? by unusuallove on November 13th, 2010, 1:53pm Rating: 3

The user rates this manga's plot as a 3/5, however the reason they give is because the manga is still new. That seems ridiculous. If you aren't sure whether a plot is good or not, don't rate it. In general the user's written comments don't seem to match up with their ratings, so maybe those could be explained a little more.