Have you ever paid for manga (or manhwa/manhua) or the ability to read it (physical or digital)?

Prism Palette
by joeshen on June 24th, 2008, 5:31am

Rating - 8.6 / 10.0

User rating of this review - N/A out of 5
Story/Plot - 3.4 out of 5
Characters - 4.6 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4.9 out of 5
Enjoyment - 4.4 out of 5
Overall - 4.3 out of 5

Plot/Story
Revolving around the school-life of Masaki Shirai and how he spends his days in school around beautiful girls. The first four chapters are dedicated to introducing the main & side characters, everything pass that are random gaps in time where the "group" hangs out. Since it was based on a ero-game, don't expect much more than a simple light and fun plot which, throughout most of the volume (the entire series is only one volume), doesn't progress anywhere at all.

Characters
A strong aspect of this manga was that even though it was only one volume, the characters are very well designed and thought out. The four girls in the series, Yayoi, Momiji, Aiko, and Sumire, all have their own distinct personalities and backgrounds. After the introduction of the characters in the first few chapters and after they all meet each other, they all get along in a very interesting way, with Masaki in the middle of it all and keeping it together.

Peach-Pit has very distinctive artwork and is noticeable in any of their series. The environments are subtle in comparison to the characters, and each character is very detailed and their design is unique to the point that even when there are no names being said, you can still tell who's who.

Enjoyment
My opinion was that it was intended for sharpening and honing Peach-Pit's skills for their second publication DearS, but even then the manga was very enjoyable. Even for only being one volume, anybody can get attached to the characters and their quirkiness.

Overall
Personally, I loved the manga a lot. I'm a bit depressed that it's length is only one volume, but for being only one volume it was very enjoyable. There are times where some of the things they say or think make you laugh and times where I felt I could connect with the characters or how they felt. Anybody who enjoys reading a light and fun manga will get exactly what they look for in this manga.

There are no comments/ratings of this review.