After finishing a series that you like, you most hope to find
Anime of it
Sequel or spin-off
Another series by the same author
Merchandise for sale
Fan fiction
Fan art
A community to discuss the series with
I don't finish series
I have no hope for anything

Scandalous

Characters - 3.5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 3.5 out of 5
Enjoyment - 2.5 out of 5
Overall - 3 out of 5

A ĎScandalousí relationship between siblings that arenít related by blood (now where have I heard this before?). Well this Shoujo, Smut, Romance, Drama is a good quick read but offers little else.

Plot / Story
Of to an abrupt beginning, Honoka is your average girl who idolizes the young rising star (Masaki Izumi) and when her mother decides to remarry, she is shocked to find out that her new brother will be that star. The problem begins here not only for this inevitable couple but for us readers, as the story is rushed to the point where things are left unexplained, for convenience sake. Not only that but the strife and problems they faced didnít have much of an impact because it lacked any build-up.

Characters
The main characters are very typical for a shoujo manga, also with side characters that come and go as they please. Honoka is as average as a girl can be, which would make some of you wonder what the 2-faced celebrity, Masaki, would like about her. Also thereís another important character that adds a lot to the story, however her mentality is so straight-forward that itís boring.

Unfortunately this manga looks awfully Ďplainí, as the artwork offers very little to compensate for the mangaís shortcomings. The characters look great but itís the lack of variation, fine detail and shading that lets it down.

Overall / Enjoyment
Overall this was an unsatisfactory manga that didnít live up to its name ĎScandalousí. Sure there are various reasons that shoujo readers would enjoy this, like being able to cover what some shoujo manga can only cover in a dozen volumes, however I couldnít find anything outstanding about this cliché shoujo manga with a cheesy ending.

^_^

There are no comments/ratings of this review.