Your favorite series was dropped by the only group scanlating it, so you...
Find the raws and look at them without understanding the words
Ask other groups to pick it up
Bug the old group to pick it up again
Try to start your own scanlation group
Learn the language so that you can read it yourself
Look for summaries or synopsis to spoil yourself and feed the urge
Do nothing and wait patiently (sadly)
I already read the original language, so no worries

Join #baka-updates

Mermaid Saga
by danobou on August 22nd, 2008, 8:22pm

Rating - 7.2 / 10.0

User rating of this review - 2 out of 5
Story/Plot - 4 out of 5
Characters - 3.5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4 out of 5
Overall - 3.5 out of 5

Mermaid Saga is a manga by InuYasha and Ranma 1/2 creator Rumiko Takahashi. I believe that InuYasha is influenced greatly by this series, and also could have been better. It wasn't great, but it was good.

When it comes to Rumiko Takahashi, she knows how to make a good story line. But the problem with this storyline, is that it makes this manga predictable in what might happen. Which makes this manga repetetive and hard to enjoy at times.

The characters are o.k. This manga really only focuses on two characters. But it gives this manga room for character development. In fact, a relationship between the two main characters actually begins to grow, and it's easy to see. All I could have asked for, was for more main characters.

The art is rather interesting. At the beginning, it doesn't look all that great. But by the fourth volume, the art makes TREMOUNDES improvement. It even begins to start looking a bit like Ranma 1/2's art. It's very good.

For the enjoyment, I can say, I was entertained, I was bored, but I was glad to have read it. Like I mentioned in the story/plot, it gets repetetive at times, but there are other times when it's fun to read. All around it's a mixed bag of romance, repetition, and gore. It's worth reading, but it has no conclusion. But it's all around good. I recommend it to Inu Yasha fans because both Mermaid Saga and InuYasha have to do with fighting demons. All in all, it's a good manga.
Verdict: 7/10

summary? by iamaspen on October 30th, 2008, 12:10am Rating: 2

Um. I thought there was supposed to be at least a brief "summary" about what it was about?