For a really long, ongoing series, you prefer to
Keep reading since you're already so invested
Keep reading as long it's good
After a certain point, just stop and wait for it to finish then read the entire thing at once
Just give up reading after a certain point

School Rumble
by Cypher-Khan on February 8th, 2005, 11:30pm

Rating - 8.4 / 10.0

User rating of this review - 4 out of 5
Story/Plot - 3 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4 out of 5
Overall - 4 out of 5

Plot/Story

Tsukamoto Tenma is a disturbingly cute schoolgirl with a crush on one of her classmates (Kurasuma Ooji [Who I personally believe has the personality of a wall]).

Harima Kenji is a delinquient with a crush on a disturbingly cute girl named Tenma

Kurasuma Ooji Likes Curry

There isnt a whole lot of plot or any real kind of continuing story in this incredibly amusing school manga. Each chapter is tiny, something happens and it ends. But School Rumble works despite this, and after it gets established the chapters start to flow on from each other a little better.

Characters

Harima Kenji - He gets first place on this character listing because he is awesome. Harima, as I mentioned earlier is a delinquent. He came back to school sporting a new haircut and some stylish facial hair in order to get close to Tenma whom he idolises above all.

Tsukamoto Tenma - Hung up on Kurasuma something fierce... I can't figure out why, but I assume its 'cause the manga would be less funny if she wasn’t. Despite being the older sister, Tsukamoto looks and acts a few years younger than she actually is.

Hanai Haruki- Another personal favorite of mine. Hanai is the strict-ish martial artist/studious student. And he has a crush on Tenma's sister that is almost scary (yet so very funny at the same time). His defining line goes something like this "I want to see you in a hakama!" (Trust me, its laugh-worthy)

Suou Mikoto - Great female character, very attractive character design and an appealing personality. She's a childhood friend of Hanai and maintains a good relationship with him.

Sawachika Eri - The manga's gaijin, tho not really 'cause she's part Japanese (just wait till the Mexican arrives for someone of full gaijin status). Oh and she’s got such an **awesome** relationship with Harima, and yes... I’m being sarcastic.

Tsukamoto Yakumo - Tenma's younger (yet older looking/acting) sister. She has this curious ability to know what people are thinking. She's also very pretty.

I love it. It’s a great style and the first thing I did on arriving in Japan was pick up the first 6 volumes. School Rumble is definitely a manga worth owning. But yeah, drawings are reasonably detailed, characters are easy to tell apart and each has an appearance matching their personality.

Guys are cool, Girls are attractive, and the art style fits the scene perfectly.

Enjoyment

It would be an odd person that doesn’t enjoy the antics of this group. School Rumble won’t disappoint.

Overall

Great to look at... Great to read.

Buy it, download it, whatever you want... but make sure you give it a shot. School Rumble is a truly enjoyable manga.

(Mangaka = Kobayashi Jin)

Umm... by BluezAce on July 13th, 2007, 4:25pm Rating: 4

Eww... I think the enjoyment rate wasn't supposed to be 5 because there were a lot of Japanese's joke (in term of languange I meant) which is pretty hard to understand if you have no/less knowledge about Japan.
I agreed with the drawing style's rate. This manga has its own style, so if someone see it, in an instant he would be able to tell that those manga is School Rumble.
Cool manga after all!