Demographic you read the most?
Shounen

User rating of this review - N/A out of 5
Story/Plot - 4 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4.5 out of 5
Enjoyment - 4.5 out of 5
Overall - 4.5 out of 5

Plot/Story
Risa Koizumi, the tall girl- towering over 172 centimeters (5ft 8in)- way above the average height for a Japanese girl. Atsushi Ootani, the short guy- a mere 156 centimeters (5ft 1in)- way below the average height for a Japanese boy. The last thing these two want is to be associated with each other- their height being polar opposites. However, the two are often paired up as the class comedy duo.

Risa has always had a bad experience with guys, due to her towering height. But during summer school, Risa falls for a tall boy named Ryouji Suzuki. Atsushi has a crush on a small girl, so the two decide to put aside their hatred, and begin help each other pursue their crushes.

Lovely Complex has actual realism in the story, and even thought there are some cliché moments that cannot be taken apart from the shoujo genre, it's overall very enjoyable. It's funny, cute, and somewhat relatable- which I find is a very good read.

Characters

The characters are lovable.
Risa is very relatable. As a female shoujo lead, she shows a depth of realistic emotion- she, like many other girls in the world, worries about her appearances. She's funny, but relatable, which I find makes a very good shoujo lead.
Ootani breaks the cliché rule for male shoujo leads. He is not tall, he is not the perfectly crafted bishounen. He's not the cool, cold dude who eventually warms up. He is a short, mischievous, but eventually lovable, funny male lead. I believe the main leads do a great job of setting up the comedic, yet cute feel for the series. They have great, great chemistry. Many of the side leads are also quite enjoyable and most of the characters show a great depth of emotion, making most of the characters relatable, and lovable.

It's nothing stunning. But it's cute, and well-done. It's not perfect, but great. I really love Risa's comedy scene facial expressions- they really contribute to the series' comedy-

Enjoyment
It's a good combination of comedy, romance, and a slight bit of coming-of-age emotions. It's a very enjoyable series. As long as you don't expect great drama or tragedy, it'll definately be a good series to read.

Overall

So, overall- Lovely Complex is a comedy romance. It's realistic and not overthrowed with clichéy moments. The characters are relatable and lovable- and the main leads show great chemistry. The art work is great, and as long as you don't expect drama and tragedy, it's an overall very enjoyable series.

The only problem I have with the series is that it's a bit long. While I don't mind the length, some people do not like long shoujos, and I see that it could have been reduced a few volumes.

There are no comments/ratings of this review.