Do you spend more time on anime or manga?
I do both, but more anime
I do both, but more manga
About the same amount of time for both
I don't watch anime at all
I don't read manga at all

The Bride of the Water God
by JJLi14 on January 15th, 2011, 7:57pm

Rating - 9.6 / 10.0

User rating of this review - N/A out of 5
Story/Plot - 4 out of 5
Drawing Style - 5 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

Plot/Story
The story is about a girl who is sacrificed to the Water God so he would end the drought in the village. Once arriving in Water Country, Soah quickly finds herself wrapped in a world where everyone has their own agenda and no one seems to be telling the truth. The storyline isn't completely original but it's still one that will captures your attention.
Characters
Each character is distinctive and almost all have an important role to play... even if it doesn't seem like it at first.
Soah: The main character. A beautiful young girl who becomes the bride of the Water God.

Habaek: The water god. He takes the appearance of a young boy because of a curse placed on him.

Mui: Also the water god. Mui is essentially the same person as Habaek but Soah does not know that at first. He is the original adult form before Habaek was cursed and only appears at night when his powers are strongest.

There are many other important characters but describing them all would be extremely time consuming. I definitely recommend reading because my descriptions do not do the characters justice.
This is what originally drew me to the manga. The artist has done an PHENOMENAL job with every illustration. The detail amazes me and one can only guess how much time and effort went into each page. If anything, check out the manga just for the artwork.
Enjoyment
I was completely hooked the entire time. I could not stop reading and was sad to reach the end. I am anxiously waiting for the next update!
Overall
A great read! There are multiple plots with the overall storyline that satisfies all possible wants. Definitely aimed more towards girls but that's not to say a guy wouldn't enjoy it!

There are no comments/ratings of this review.