Your favorite series was dropped by the only group scanlating it, so you...
Find the raws and look at them without understanding the words
Ask other groups to pick it up
Bug the old group to pick it up again
Try to start your own scanlation group
Learn the language so that you can read it yourself
Look for summaries or synopsis to spoil yourself and feed the urge
Do nothing and wait patiently (sadly)
I already read the original language, so no worries

Join #baka-updates

by The Doctor on May 19th, 2012, 9:45pm

Rating - 10 / 10.0

User rating of this review - N/A out of 5
Story/Plot - 5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 5 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

Plot/Story: Starts out with a high school kid named Yuu getting bullied. Eventually he's had enough and fights back and beats one of the thugs. This gives him the reputation of "Thug Hunter". The stories follows as he grows and learns to fight, as well as how he deals with his friends when dilemmas occur.

Characters: Character development is great. Very subtle changes are given to the characters (especially Yuu) throughout the series and show how they grow both mentally and physically. The characters are also very believable, not outrageously buff or completely mentally insane.

Drawing Style: Very realistic. The author doesn't really make any shoujo-y drawings. The fight scenes are also really easy to follow and depict a lot of actual martial arts moves.

Enjoyment: I personally loved this manga. It ends each chapter in a way that you really want to know what happens next.

Overall: This manga is amazing. If you're a fan of martial arts and realism, this is by far the best I've read and recommend it highly! I'm almost a little sad that it's over, but the ending is very satisfying.

There are no comments/ratings of this review.