For background art in manga, you prefer...
Lots of detail
An average amount of detail
Very little detail
Sparkles and patterns that fit the mood is just fine
I don't really pay attention to the backgrounds
I don't care

Story/Plot - 3.5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 2.8 out of 5
Overall - 4 out of 5

Plot/Story
Kagome was a normal, Japanese, Highschool girl. She never quite believed in the legends her grandpa always spoke about. Until one day when an other worldy creature pulls her out of her time and into Japans Warring States Era. Where she meets a boy named Inuyasha, who had been pinned to a tree for 50 years by a priestess called Kikyo. This priestess oddly resembles Kagome but she died on the same day she pinned Inuyasha. Everyone believes that Kagome is the reincarnation of the priestess, and that she too posseses the power to purify the sacred jewel. This jewel, called the shikon no tama, could give inmense power to its user with only one shard. But it was said that when Kikyo died she took the jewel with her. And now a girl dressed in odd clothes has brought the jewel back to this era and shattered it.
Inuyasha and Kagome are forced to team up in order to find all the pieces to the sacred jewel. Along the way they discover that neither of them is alone in the world, that they are there for eachother. But as soon as happyness comes it gets taken away, when the priestess Kikyo revives, and it seems that Inuyasha used to be inlove with her before.

Characters
The group of protagonists is the same as any other series. The typical pervert, the cocky leader, the girl fighter and the girl that keeps things together. What I really enjoy about the characters is the way they interact with eachother and the funny scenes they do when they are together. The couples in the series are also very cute, and it makes you want to keep watching to see how things will turn out.
There is also the bad guys. Most of them are not evil, they each have some sort of sad story behind them. And like Sesshoumaru, he is stuck between the good guys and the bad guys. Its very interesting to watch each one of them develop and notice what their true intentions are.

I particularly don't like the drawings too much. They kind of look the same and have the same face with different hair styles and makup up. But thats just my opinion, I mean its not that bad. The outfits are typical, and don't have that much imagination into it. The drawing are very similiar to Ranma 1/2. Well... I guess because they are the same author :D

Enjoyment
I got hooked onto this manga in the begining. But then I found that it dragged on at parts, and it took too long to get to the point... and since this series is on going I can't really comment on the end. However, the beginning is excellent, it catches your attention. The climax is the best though, it slowly builds up to the main idea and you get hooked on it again, wondering what will happen next.

Overall
Overall... the series so far is okay. I mean it has a good enough plot and the comedy is priceless.

No Subject by Lolita_Berry on July 15th, 2008, 10:53pm Rating: 4

Inuyasha isn't for everyone. I think it is actually more for girls because of constant Inuyasha and Kagome pairing moments. Also I think that both the anime and manga are good. I like the anime because it is prettier. BUT the manga has a great ending. I think the 'long-drawn out plot" (see poll) is a good thing to show how inuyasha nd kagome gradually develop feelings for each other over time.

No Subject by keiichirou on February 22nd, 2007, 9:32pm Rating: 4

I prefer watching the anime though. But the anime keep repeating some scenes and I don't quite like it. I watched it here and there of the anime(especially volume 11 above) because of Sesshoumaru. I believe he's a good guy though. LOL! (alittle bias over here~) =P