Do you spend more time on anime or manga?
I do both, but more anime
I do both, but more manga
About the same amount of time for both
I don't watch anime at all
I don't read manga at all

One Piece
by cryptic on July 9th, 2005, 10:27pm

Rating - 10 / 10.0

User rating of this review - 5 out of 5
Story/Plot - 5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 5 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

Plot/Story
Gold Roger was known as the greatest pirate throughout the world, so he was bestowed the title Pirate King Gold Roger. Before he could be executed he claimed that within the Grand Line was his greatest treasure, the "One Piece". Many pirates have sought the treasure but have only found the harsh life of Grand Line. A young man who vows he will be the next Pirate King, Monkey D. Luffy makes his way on a great adventure to the Grand Line, in search for the "One Piece". Before he can truely become a pirate though he has to search for a suitable crew. The journey is long and full of trouble but nothing will stop the Straw Hat pirate, Monkey D. Luffy.

Characters
There are some amazing characters in this manga. Each with his own unique personality and very creative style. I'll name the ones you'll come to know as the Straw Hats. Luffy D. Monkey, Zoro Roronoa, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper Tonytony, and Robin Nico. I won't bother to even spoil it by telling you about each character. I feel that this manga has a great ability of introducing each character and making you fall in love with each one. There are so many more but as to list each one would be to long and my hands wouldn't be able to bear it.

This drawing style is simply amazing! Detailed, wacky, fun, powerful, just a few of the adjectives I could use to explain. When I first started to read One Piece I thought the story was going to be childish, at least thats what the art made me feel. After reading just a few chapters I couldn't imagine seeing anything else. This series has beautiful art and for that simple fact, you should really take a look.

Enjoyment
When your sides hurt from laughter you know a manga has something. There are many volumes to this series but the laughter never stops. I've heard people say it gets repetitive but I've never felt like that. I hungerly wait for each chapter that is translated. When One Piece does finally get released I quickly download and enjoy. My only problem is I can't get enough. As soon as I'm done with the chapter I hunger for more.

Overall
Some would say there is a bit of repitition with characters having to battle a stronger character each new volume. This doesn't keep me from loving this manga. I recommend to any manga lover of any type. This is more than a "check out", this is a must.

well... by NightSwan on September 26th, 2007, 3:24pm Rating: 5

I whatched the anime and thout abiut reading the manga but... I'm feeling kind'a lazy because it's so long~.~
The review is good though...

"I am very emberesed over my lazynes and I'll try to overcome it and download the manga"

awesome!! by hoo on May 23rd, 2006, 1:34am Rating: 5

awesome manga!!! awesome art!! awesome characters!! simply awesome!! XD