For background art in manga, you prefer...
Lots of detail
An average amount of detail
Very little detail
Sparkles and patterns that fit the mood is just fine
I don't really pay attention to the backgrounds
I don't care

Characters - 4.6 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4.3 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

Plot/Story
Houshin Engi was based on the Chinese novel called, "Feng Shen Yan Yi". It takes place (obviously) in China when the In Dynasty was reigning. The King Chuuoh was once a great ruler, but an evil sennyo who goes by the name of Dakki, seduced Chuuoh and continues to control him with her beauty. The Senninkai retaliates by sending our protagonist, Taikoubou, to rid of Dakki and restore Chuuoh to his former state.

Characters
Each character definately has their own personality. Take our protaganist for example; Taikoubou acts goofy, nonetheless funny, and definately a wise doushi. Then there's Youzen, a "genius" doushi who has a *slight* cross dressing problem.

Enjoyment
It was great. I laugh at Taikoubou's goofyness, Youzen's problem, and other funny situations. Then there are times of sadness where I can't help but feel... well, sad.

Overall
Hm... how to sum this up? Ok, I've got it! Houshin Engi is my favorite manga and will most likely never be replaced. It's definately a great one for you shounen/fantasy/comedy fans out there.

okigen by Anonymous on May 6th, 2006, 6:32pm Rating: 5

great great !

. by Anonymous on September 15th, 2005, 9:10pm Rating: 5

You need to state your opinions and ideas in a more cohesive manner. It was awkard to read in some places.

Houshin Engi - the best? by Ondatra the Bigfoot on September 8th, 2005, 2:16am Rating: 5

Yeah, you are right. Houshin is really great. I read it all in two days and I must say, that it is very funny manga with excellent drawings. But I think it is not the best manga, but for someone it should be.