Which kind of story would you find more interesting
Dystopia

User rating of this review - 4.58 out of 5
Story/Plot - 4 out of 5
Characters - 4.5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 5 out of 5
Overall - 4.7 out of 5

Plot/Story
The story revolves around Haruna Nagashima, a middle school softball star now in High school. She wants to find love, but feels like she can't attract any guys. So she goes out to find a coach, and by chance she runs into Yoh Komiyama, an attractive boy she's determined to have coach her. Haruna's up to the challenge once Yoh agrees to teach her how to be attractive. Can Yoh help her in the end?

Characters
All the characters have depth and quirks, and when in a situation they stick to their persona they were given. Proving the author wasn't just throwing out characteristics helter skelter. The two main characters, Yoh and Haruna , to me, are like Ying and Yang. Opposites, but they fit togather so well. The supporting cast is a delight, their characters seem real and have their good qualities and flaws.

The only reason I gave this a 4 was because I could see a few things coming, but i've enjoyed this series ,

The drawing style is not your average Shoujo drawings, the guys look like .. well.. guys, not girly men. The girls all looks differnet and don't just look like the same face with a differnt hairstyle. The panel layouts are well done and easy to follow. A very well put togather manga ^^

Enjoyment
I've found myself caught up in this manga. Saying "Aww" out loud, which is a rare thing for me to do, and I laugh ath times when it's meant to be funny. Before I know it, i've gone through 3 chapters. Very enjoyable.

Overall
This is the first Shoujo manga I've ever liked and waited eagerly for the next installment. I love the plot, the drawings, the characters developments, -- I highly enjoyed it all. I recommend this to anyone who is a shoujo fan looking for something a little differnet.

laugh or cry? by rachel114 on February 1st, 2009, 9:10pm Rating: 5

its favorite manga so far, its just one of those manga that keeps you reading, sometimes the circumstance is so funny, imbarasing, and sad at the same time, you dont know weather to laugh or cry, so it comes out usualy a half sob laugh thing. i love yoh and haruna they are the cutest manga couple out thear. i give koukou debut 5 stars.

No Subject by Amber3 on September 26th, 2008, 4:30am Rating: 5

It's one of mangas that will make you laugh out loud one minute and cry the next. Very well done, it went straight to my top ten list. ^_^ As someone pointed out before they made it just the right length – it wasn't drawn out but wasn't rushed either. Like everything was happening at a realistic pace.
The thing I probably liked best was that for once, the main female character wasn’t a push-over, super girly or practically pretty. All of the characters are likable in their own way. A must read.

overrated by kamasutra69 on September 20th, 2007, 2:54pm Rating: 2

characters depth and quirks?
are you serious?
yoh too quiet
that girl too noisy
char development?
i admit it is a good manga with great drawing style
but 9.2/10?

KouKou Debut by conidiophore on October 13th, 2006, 9:13pm Rating: 5

Okay, maybe I'm just partial, but I think the review gives lower marks than necessary.

I love this manga! It's fresh over other manga I've read, because of the artist's style. I swear she (or he, in that event) is a scientist at heart. There is much stylistic depth to the art and such great emotional depth to the characters, particularly Yoh. I cried a lot. And the humorous parts were laugh-out-loud hilarious.

No Subject by dao0o on September 12th, 2006, 12:40am Rating: 5

When I first started reading this manga, I read the summary and found out that it's about a tomboy who finds a hot guy who coaches her to be attractive. Immediatly I thought this was going to be soo typical they're going to fight a lot and opposites will attract and they're going to fall in love. I was mostly wrong, and I'm glad!! This is sooo good go read it!!

Pages (3) [ 1 2 3 ] Next Page