Login to add items to your list, keep track of your progress, and rate series!
1) Hide and Seek Takeru's sister complex is out of control, so when he sees her on a date with his rival Wanigawara he loses it! Fighting together in the street attracts police attention, and the two combatants are forced to hide in a cramped alley. But the atmosphere is strangely exciting...
2) Parallel Punch!! Rising boxer Jin is being hit on by his sponsor, the director of a successful corporation, is wealth enough to knock Jin off his feet or does it take something else?
3) LL Size Nao keeps his older brother, Masaya, from going to a goukon in a very special way.
4) Youthful Burst Takahashi thinks it's just a little teasing, but he isn't prepared for his classmate's reaction.
5) Black Sixth Class Hisashi accidentally sees Ide-sempai and their university professor having sex. What will it take for him to not tell anyone about what he saw?
6) Deep Inside the Back of the Throat What happens after Barou loses to Kosugi in a drunken arm wrestling match?
7) Winter Comes Around Atsuhiro is living with his uncle and they get into an argument which leads to things.
8) Rumor About the Professor There's a strange rumor going on about the economics Professor...
9) Loup-Garou Gokou In a village full of werewolves, everyone is always searching for someone to spend the full moon with because that's when their sex drives are the strongest. Young Ichi is determined to wait for true love, but will he be able to resist the moon's pull, especially when he is pursued by Goroku?
Extra) Hide and Seek After Wanigawara and Takeru are on a very special holiday.
You must login to comment for this series! Register an account.
unusual for BL
unusual for ike reibun too, who's normally a "pretty boy" artist. but the men in these oneshots aren't pretty boys. this actually feels like bara to me. there aren't any flowery shoujo backgrounds here -- the men are well-muscled, have square chins, beards (and there are no flowing locks), several are oyaji, some have body hair (and not just the werewolves in ch9), and rather large-sized equipment -- and they use it in very explicit ways. this probably won't appeal to the minami haruka fangirls, but those of us who like our lust objects to be more substantial can rejoice.
at this point only story #9 is scanlated, and i can't judge the quality of the other stories, since i've just seen a chinese copy and i don't read chinese; i wouldn't expect too much from a single volume that squeezes 9 oneshots in. and the content is highly smutty which means the storylines are even less likely to have any depth. but the art is a hit of fresh air.
... Last updated on March 5th, 2011, 9:53pm
Really, quite good.
I have read most of Reibun Ike's stuff. Most of it I liked and would recommend, but this collection I loved. It is so erotic and pleasant to the eye. The characters are manly and so much fun. They were not effeminate but were still very attractive. Thankfully, I check Reibun Ike's blog pretty frequently, and I know that she will continue to do works like this. Thank goodness! I appreciate her art and style regardless of the "audience."
... Last updated on January 26th, 2009, 1:10pm
Lost of blood
Im in desperate need of Type AB blood, thats how many nosebleeds I had while reading this......I almost forgot how graphic ike's oneshots are. wooo...okay i need to fan myself after chap 9
Yeah this is bara (for men) and not boy's love, which wasn't the problem for me. It was just that it was so pointless. No characterization, no story, no emotion... nothing but graphic sex. The chapters were very short . You don't actually even need a translation for this since nothing is going on but random acts of manly sex.
... Last updated on July 8th, 2009, 4:00am
3 pts just for the manliness
Ok, I admit it's PWP which is why I couldn't give it a ten. But! It has dudes with facial hair and muscles and stuff. Now, I know that sounds like a silly thing to get excited about but we all know that there is an overabundance of androgyny and a severe shortage of dudes in yaoi. So every time I come across facial hair and other evidence of manliness I give the mangaka extra points and this manga has manliness in spades. My rating breaks down thusly:
Art - 3 pts Comedy - 1 pt Manliness - 3pts Plot - Ummm. If you liked Ike's art you should read Kanga na Spoon. It has the same great style and 2pt manliness (no facial hair or extra buffness but they still look like gay men) plus a really great plot.
In short, even if you don't read the speech bubbles you should at least look at the well drawn pictures of manly dudes getting it on
Good art, bad stories
The art is very nice. Although a little bara like (especially ch8 & ch2), it does strike a nice balance and the men look like men without being overly hairy (the further from Okane ga Nai stereotype the better). The stories on the other hand are absolutely dreadful and shallow even for bara standards (laugh, see ch2). Exception being ch9 (werewolves!) which had a more than decent story and was altogether quite good. The early chapters aren't really worth translating and I'm a little surprised LP decided to do them (still, thankful they did). Then again if I want a good story I read one of Miyamoto Kano Sensei stories <3. I would have thought it was the ~5 page length that forced the "Hide and Seek" stories to be bad but there's "Under the Sakura Trees" to convince me otherwise (only 2 pages). So 9/10 for ch9, 8/10 for art and 3/10 for the other stories.
Looks like bara, reads like yaoi.
If bara and yaoi had a baby, this would be it. It's good, but part of me wishes it was a little less yaoi and a little more bara. Good for a first attempt, though.
I keep seeing the word 'story' in the comments. Let's be real- there is only one chapter with a plot and that's the werewolf one. All the others are basically "I don't like you." "Yeah, you do." "Okay, let's do it." with a little bit of dialogue thrown in.
The art is amazing, and there are no shrimpy men in sight. But if you want an actual story, try Ike's Kanga na Spoon or Portrait in Blue instead.
Kinda shallow bara
Um...well I went into it knowing I might be turned off by the bara-like characters, but it was a pretty good balance manly without being like who called in the construction workers. However, the stories were very...or rather there wasn't really any story at all. More like hey I'm a boxer, hey I'm a yakuza let's screw. If you read the description here you probably got more story than you would reading the manga. But for some people that's probably all the story they need so I won't judge it just on that the art was fairly decent even for this yaoi loving fangirl.
I really liked Loup-Garou Gokou (ch9), it was very sexy and really cute too. Even though it was short it was obvious they had feelings for each other as neither of them wanted anyone else. That chapter was definitely the highlight of this collection for me! <3 The others were a bit hit and miss... The first story was quite funny (in a silly way but still enjoyable), and I liked the third one since the seme was the younger, prettier, and more perverted brother ^__^ So my rating is based on those chapters (1,3 & 9) I didn't particularly like any of the others so i'm not going to bother reviewing them ^^