Here are a few questions I'd like for you to answer if possible:
1. Do you remember the Genre(s) of the anime?
2. Do you have any Tag(s) you would give to the anime?
3. Do you remember if there were any other characters, or if any of the girls in the series was the protagonist?
4. Are you positive that this was released in the year 2000?
5. Are you positive that this is an anime?
6. Can you recall how many episodes there were, or if there were few or many.
7. Can you remember the STYLING in the anime, for example:
In [anime-name], the characters look like [this], the art looks, or can be
related to [this].
8. Can you recall what audience the anime targeted? For example:
Adults, Teens, Pre-teens, Kids | [Male] / [Female]
9. If you can't recall #8 at all, does it have blood or anything of the sort? [Skip this if you answered #8]
10. Do you have any more information about this anime that you can share?
Please take your time to answer these questions if you will, and I will do what I can to help you.
I´m sorry it took me so long to answer. My computer broke down all of sudden, so I wasn´t online for a few days.
@Setolo: I´ll try to answer all the questions one by one.
1. Genre: I would say Magical Girl, though it wasn´t as pink and fluffy as the typical mahou shoujo anime.
2. Tags: Super Girls, Evil Woman, Mermaids and Action, I suppose.
3. Characters: there were three girls, although the blond one was probably the protagonist. The antagonist (a woman) had a panther/tiger (I don´t remember exactly).
4. I´m not 100% sure in which year it was released. I saw it when it aired in Belgium, which must have been around 2000.I would guess between 1998 and 2002. The cartoon or anime could have been older, though, since it might have aired long after its original release date.
5. Was it an anime? I am not 100% sure about that either. It might have been american. I already checked pretty much all the cartoon ever produced in Belgium France and Germany, so I would assume that the series was either American or Japanese. Another origin would be theoretically possible, but I think that´s unlikely.
6. Number of Episodes: I don´t know about that at all.
7. Styling: The main protagonist, the blonde, reminded me a lot of this girl: http://www.kessybabe.de/Wendy/Comics/Titel/WECA01R.jpg
The styling all in all was very `90s (I know this is vague, but I was small, so I don´t remember much)
8. Target audience: I would say smaller girls and children in general. Maybe preteens as well.
9. No blood that I recall.
10. Sadly I don´t remember much else. I already posted everything I remembered about the series.
I´m sorry this took me so long and thank you so much for all your help!
I´m currently checking out the Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders series, but I´m not sure yet whether it´s the one. Thank you for the link!
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's Princess Gwenivere and the Jewel Riders. Also called Princess Starla and the Jewel Riders. I've only watched a few episodes myself, and never saw a mermaid episode. But they did have one.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Gwenevere_and_the_Jewe
Edit: I'm 100% sure it's Princess Gwenevere. The evil lady matches your description, and they only have 3 girls throughout the whole series, which Gwenevere/Starla being the blonde with a ponytail.
I'm surprised they were showing it in the 2000's though, considering it was a 90's cartoon that wasn't too popular. I never saw it on TV. All I had was my VHS, which I think my mom gave away.
Edit 2: There's only 2 seasons to the series, but there's a novel series loosely based on it called Avalon: Web of Magic. I've yet to read those novels, so I don't know if they're good or not.
@mgrayman: It is the one! Thank you so much for all your help. I´m so happy to finally have found this series.
Last edited by lambchopsil at 5:33 pm, Nov 5