Quote from Iphegenia
so you're looking for seinen that are geared more toward action?
not sienen that are family oriented?
or sienen that are more on the romance side?
Just Seinen with some fighting, it doesn't have to revolve around that though.
Thanks lphegenia, for the suggestion.
Quote from Lord_Lucifiel
How about Cesare or Historie?
The Rome/Greek thing doesn't really appeal to me.
Thanks Lord Lucifiel, for the suggestion.
Quote from orpheus17
Sorry, I can't really think of anything else...maybe Blood Alone
? It's a vampire manga, with some action every couple of chapters.
Also, I would like to say, if you are easily disgusted, you may want to drop Wolf Guy
. It get's pretty bad.
Wolf Guy has been okay, but I didn't feel very well when it started showing gorey scenes during the frag grenade/gun thing.
Despite "Blood Alone" being a Shounen, I'll still check it out.
Thanks Orpheus17 for the suggestion.
Quote from John21
until death do us part
Seems interesting, will try.
Quote from azureblueinfinite
are sports seinen with cuts and bruises but not much else, Holyland is also a bit psychologicalMonster
is a manga with some shooting scenes but its more drama/mystery orientedThreads of Time
is a manga about a boy going back in time to kill someone, cuts and bruises againShin Angyo Onshi
is a very cool manga, it does have some dismemberment but I don't remember particularly graphic scenes (except for a scene that is an extreme spoiler)Otogi Matsuri
's plot is about a boy preventing himself from dying, it does have a few shonen elements and the gore level is virtually non-existant (from my memory)Cloth Road
is a manga about battle clothing...it makes more sense in context, no goreBokurano
is a seinen with giant fighting robots and kids protecting their home, it may be a little strange for your taste, giant robots=virtually no blood or guts being spilledKing of Thorns
is a survival/action seinen, it's set in a post-apocalyptic world and does have a few monsters, though it's not that weird.
Thanks for the huge list of recommendations. Thanks for putting warnings!
Some of these seem to be around what I'd like, but I'll have to find some time to check them all out.
Quote from calstine
King of Bandit Jing
- Practically no gore, and there's quite a bit of fighting.Innocent W
- It's a little on the supernatural side, but I'm pretty sure you'll be okay with it.Pluto
- The killers and those who are being killed are (mostly) robots, so no gore here.HistorieDrug-On
- Maybe? It does have a few gore-ish bits, but it's not excessive at all. You'll be able to figure out whether you like it or not after reading the first few chapters.Vinland Saga
- Doubtful, but you should give it a shot.Cesare
- It focuses more on relationships than on the actual killing part, so it'll probably fit you needs.Monster
- I wouldn't categorize this as action, but it's a very intriguing story with a great plot.BokuranoTsukumo Nemuru Shizume
- Haven't read it, and can't be certain, so it's a 'maybe'.Hinata no Ookami - Shinsengumi Kidan
- This isn't as cliched as it sounds, so try it out.
Woah, thanks for the list. I'll check them out. Thanks for the description.
Seems a lot of these have action, so I am sure some will interest me.
I got more suggestions than I expected. Thanks to all that replied and gave recommendations, really appreciate it. It'll take me a while to go through this list.
Last edited by Enternalfir3 at 8:08 am, Mar 18