Quote from Tracy1314520
1) Raw provider: A person who finds the raw either online or scanlate it herself/himself.
2) A Translator: Someone who is fluent in the language of the original raw, usually Japanese, Korean, or Chinese.
3) Proofreader: A person who checks the grammar of the translator and make sure that they didn't misspell any words and fix confusing phrases.A translator doesn't necessary need to have a good grasp of English since the requirements for a translator is to be fluent in the language they are translating and a basic English level;not much people are extremely fluent in two languages.
4) Cleaner/Editor/Typesetter: People who clean the original raws so that the quality is HQ. They mainly work with Photoshop, all three of these jobs are usually done by one person, because it you can clean, then you can edit or typeset and vice versa.
5) Quality Checking (Qcer): A person who makes the final check on the chapter for quality and make sure everything is correctly done.
That's why groups take so long to release one chapter
to 1) a person who finds raws online isnt a raw provider, sor but raw provider are those guys who rip their mags apart and scan them personally
to 2) if you have raws of the series in your own language or any other than the originals that works as well
to 4) most groups do MQ nowadays MS, RH are good examples for MQ (yes they do MQ not HQ), second those jobs are normally not done by one person, fiirst an editor is capable of both cl and ts, a cleaner or typesetter can only do 1 job, and if you check credit pages u sometimes find a lot of persons working on 1 chap the last chap i saw was released with 7 cleaner working on it (yes way more than normal but it shows the difference between tracy and reality)
to add for taking it that long is jump for example is only published every week or tanks need some time to be released again