Quote from riney25
"This movie kind of sucks."
that quote summed everything up.
Quote from GreenTeaStrawberry
I just saw Twilight yesterday and I've got to say it was terrible. Before I even watched the movie I had a bad impression because of the cast anyway but let me state why it was terrible.
Overall, the movie was terrible. Rotten Tomatoes rated it 44% on it's Tomatometer. Even after I had explained all the flaws of this movie to my friends, all they did was call me a hater and gush about Edward's hotness.
I watched Madagascar 2 after that and I have to say, it was much better. Much better than how I expected it to be too. It was hilarious and entertaining. Twilight was much worse than I thought it would be, and Madagascar was much better. Funny turnout, eh?
i know how you feel. i watched it the first day, and the whole place was filled with ten year olds, screaming and clapping at everything. i stated the same flaws to my friends as well and they called me a hater too. anyways i got a few things i particularly disliked myself:
Spoiler (highlight to view)
1. when bella first entered the bio class. that was the worst overreaction ever. edward was supposed to look furious, but instead he looked completely idiotic. i dunno what kind of genre they were trying to make, but if they wanted a lame cheap comedy, they succeeded.
2. his contacts. when bella asked "are you wearing contacts?" i was crying inside for edward to say "why yes, yes i am!". i clearly saw the lining of his contacts, and i saw them more than once. instead of attempting to do cool cg effects, they shouldve spent a little time softening the lining of the contacts.
3. "you better hold on tight, spider monkey." W.T.F. i only wish that edward was implying that bella looked like a spidermonkey. then it would have been funny.
4. the running and jumping scenes were ridiculous. even with a crappy $37m budget, they could have done better. putting them on swinging ropes would have been better. putting them on treadmills with a chroma key in the back would have been better AND cheaper.
5. too many mistakes in the video. blood and then no blood, wet and then dry and back, and the course of the baseball emmet and edward missed when they hit each other was ridiculous. first the ball goes at about 50mph, and after the two smash into each other and make no contact with the ball, it lands 3 feet away from them. because physics is like that.
6. did i mention fangirls? that's all i need to say on this part.
i thought this movie was pure crap before it came out; turns out i was right. the only reason why i didn't just pirate it the day after it showed instead of wasting my money was because my friends wanted to watch it with me :/ they were also the reason why i didn't demand my money back.