Okay *Warning* spoilers.
and a very very long post...
I'll sum the story up basically, in the way the story unfolds. I'll explain some things as I go but most explanations follow after.
The present Nana is going to be refered to as 24Nana (24 year old Nana) and past Nana is going to be 14Nana.
Essentially the 24Nana in the beginning is like a walking zombie. No life, no dreams - doesn't even listen to other people talking.
Later, it is revealed that she did not cry when having the water splashed on her because she was "grown up" (represented by 'make up'). So she did have emotions but it is distant to her.
When Azusa shouted at her for being a "boyfriend stealer", that clicked a memory in her past, when a key dropped on the floor, that clicked as well, and when she got hit by the truck, she went back into the past - something like a 'second chance', and perhaps the time capsule she buried in her past is related as well.
As a kid again 24Nana doesn't remember any of her childhood invovling Hiroaka and her Sis. So~ simply
24Nana remembers what her 14 yr old self was like, and what happened. The 'Original' past:
- 14Nana is weak and naiive (can't blame her
- 14Nana didn't have great grades.
- 14Nana looks up to her Sis too much - literally idolizes her.
- Her Sis tells her to find out the Vice Basketball captain's name (HIroaka)
- With a sense of duty and eager to please attitude, she tries very hard to find out.
- During the process 14Nana falls in love with him.
- He falls in love with her too.
- He taught her not to see herself to be inferior to her sis.
- Yukino and Sato chan (her b-friends) Knows that 14Nana loves him.
- 14Nana hides this fact from Sis because she doesn't want to appear cunning.
- The girls in her basketball team finds out and bullies her
- 14Nana doesn't want to get hurt anymore
- Claims that Hiroaka and her sis is going out
- Hiroaka asks 14Nana to go to Fairwell Party, she rejects him.
- 14Nana finds out later (same day) that Hiroaka is moving to Kyushu
- 14Nana also finds out that Hiroaka went home by foot because he lost his bike keys
- 14Nana finds his bike keys and chases after him.
- She finds him in the middle of the road and he tells her to throw the key to him and she does....and he gets ran over by a truck. IN front of her eyes.
- He is dead and 14Nana becomes a walking zombie (not literally
- She leaves the feeling self of her behind. She leaves behind the part of her that cries, that laughs and dreams : her true self. So 24Nana went to the past; the difference was that:
- 24Nana doesn't remember her past but she begins to remember.
- 24Nana' s memory is twisted:
- Doesn't remember her Love for Hiroaka
- Her sis did not date Hiroaka but she thought that they were
- She thinks that Hiroaka loves her sis
- Finds out that her Sis already knew Hiroaka and realizes that her sis never really trusted her. (24Nana starts to see what her sis is really like)
- Realizes that Azusa never trusted her as well (she told her about dating Sakato but Azusa never told her that she liked him)
- 24Nana excels in Grades as her 14yr old self, knows how to use the computer and is popular with people
- Her sis is uncomfortable with that
- Hiroaka meets her and tells her not to think so highly of her Sis (she remembers that he said that to her in the past)
- Her sis finds out that Nana likes Hiroaka and accuses her of stealing boyfriend
- 24Nana tells her that she doesn't and that she even told her friends that Her sis and Hiroaka were dating
- Her arrogant sis breaks down.
- 24Nana realizes that her sis is just a deperate little person.
- When she was bullied by the basketball girls she feels nothing because as a 24yr old she has gone through and knows worse
- Hiroaka talks to her: She remembers her past, the incident : She faints. She realizes that she left her true self as 14Nana.
- She wakes up, and is told that she missed the fairwell party.
- She knows that this is her chance to save Hiroaka.
- When she jumps in front of the truck, she is as her present self (Hit by a truck)
- Her past has changed. Nana has become stronger. Confronts Sister (And her sister goes
xD). Meets Hiroaka on the elevator. Explanation:
Nana, at her graduation day (14 yrs old) hid her hope in the "heptagon" as a time capsule.
Her hope was to go back in time
and save Hiroaka by jumping in front of the stupid truck.
When she was 24 yrs old in the accident, her school was being demolished...and the time capsules of her year group disappeared as well...
The reason to the disappearence of the time capsule is because of Nana's hope coming true. You can interpret this in different ways - one way to see it could be that 'a wish came true' so its like a one time wish fulfiller.
The thing that doesn't make sense is that the 24-year-old her doesn't remember that Hiroaka is alive...What i mean is that the past is changed but the present Nana doesn't remember her changed past.
Last thing is that I dont dont get the Hat reference
I don't get where that came from....I hope that helped