banner_jpg
Username/Email: Password:
Manga Info
 
ALL A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Masters of Lightning Knives   
Login to add items to your list, keep track of your progress, and rate series!
Description
Ryu-Yeon lost his father to a disease when he was only 10 years old. With the skill he learned from his father, he could carve wood into wonderfully intricate sculptures. One day, after completing the sculptures of his parents, Ryu-Yeon was greeted by an elderly man who was impressed by his sculptures. The old man saw promise in Ryu-Yeon and asked him if he would like to become his disciple. As Ryu-Yeon had nowhere to go and wanted to make the most of his life, he accepted the old man's offer.

Original Webtoon:
KakaoPage, Daum

Official Translations:
English, Japanese

Type
Manhwa

Related Series
N/A

Associated Names
Hiraito
Hiraitou
Lightning Degree
Lightning Sword
Phi Lôi Đạo
飛雷刀
飞雷刀
비뢰도

Groups Scanlating
ComicPlus
ComicDom
ManhwaFreak
APEP SCANS
More...

Latest Release(s)
c.124 by ManhwaFreak 8 days ago
c.123 by ManhwaFreak 22 days ago
c.119-122 by ManhwaFreak 27 days ago
Search for all releases of this series

Status
in Country of Origin
120 Chapters (Ongoing)

Completely Scanlated?
No

Anime Start/End Chapter
N/A

User Reviews
N/A

Forum

User Rating
Average: 7.7 / 10.0 (30 votes)
Bayesian Average: 7.09 / 10.0
10
 
 37%
9+
 
 7%
8+
 
 17%
7+
 
 20%
6+
 
 7%
5+
 
 3%
4+
 
 0%
3+
 
 0%
2+
 
 0%
1+
 
 10%

Last Updated
June 1st 2022, 3:50pm


Genre

Categories

Category Recommendations

Recommendations
N/A

Author(s)

Artist(s)

Year
2019

Original Publisher

Serialized In (magazine)
KakaoPage (Kakao)

Licensed (in English)
Yes

English Publisher

Activity Stats (vs. other series)
Weekly Pos #274 decreased(-37)
Monthly Pos #313 increased(+114)
3 Month Pos #367 decreased(-95)
6 Month Pos #342 decreased(-49)
Year Pos #285 increased(+43)

List Stats
On 226 reading lists
On 48 wish lists
On 5 completed lists
On 5 unfinished lists
On 63 custom lists

Note: You must be logged in to update information on this page.

No topics currently in the forum, view the forum or add a new topic now.

tickmark preload xmark preload xmark preload
User Comments  [ Order by usefulness ]
You must login to comment for this series! Register an account.
 
avatar
Fun, slap stick humor  
by crazyazn69
January 11th, 2022, 6:53am
Rating: 7.0  / 10.0
Definitely not bad and a good way to get some laughs
Was this comment useful?  Yes tickmark  No xmark    
avatar
Amazing, stick to the official translations  
by renecop545
December 28th, 2021, 10:09am
Rating: 10.0  / 10.0
I really love the interactions between Ryu-Yeon and his master, he's precocious yet endearing in a way that's really well this. The only thing that hold this back slightly is that several scanlation groups have all at various points in time worked on this, so the translation quality can get inconsistent between translators, but the story is hype enough that I keep coming back for more (there are also official translations out now that are quite good in quality, so if you're reading this for the first time I recommend going that route)
Was this comment useful?  Yes tickmark  No xmark    
avatar
Great  
by Ctraper
December 8th, 2021, 7:58pm
Rating: N/A
Funny and refreshing. This manhwa is just really good, read it for yourself
Was this comment useful?  Yes tickmark  No xmark    
avatar
Can it get any more boring  
by skynet5c
June 15th, 2021, 2:06pm
Rating: N/A
Every single chapter in a nutshell:

- "OMG master stop beating me up!"
- "Haha! Give me your money!"
- "Where did my disciple run off to this time??"

Repeated ad infinitum. At first it was funny but it's been 68 chapters now and I'm getting bored of seeing the same gags over and over.

Nothing actually happens in this manga. 90% of it is just slice of life stuff like cooking and cleaning. The other 10% is just shady intrigue conversations between shady dudes. It's been 68 chapters and nothing significant has happened.

The only 2 types of relationships in this manga: borderline abusive master/disciple, and the most superficial romance cliches (guy saves girl, girl falls in love with guy). That's it.

Imagine Gosu, except it's just the MC running errands. That's pretty much what this manga is. I'm close to dropping it.

... Last updated on June 15th, 2021, 2:11pm
Was this comment useful?  Yes tickmark  No xmark    
avatar
Fun to read  
by MusicalHiro
May 13th, 2021, 9:38am
Rating: 10.0  / 10.0
Can only say atm, the characters are fun to read and pacing is good, looking forward to future chapters!
Was this comment useful?  Yes tickmark  No xmark    
Show 
 per page 
You must login to comment for this series! Register an account.