Login to add items to your list, keep track of your progress, and rate series!
An anthology of six short stories:
1) The Ice Wanderer (Toudo no Tabibito - 凍土の旅人)  Set in the Klondike region in 1897, and recounts the American author Jack Londonís fortuitous encounter with an enigmatic old man.
2) White Wilderness (Shiroi Kouya - 白い荒野)  Also related to Jack London - it's an adaptation of the early part of his novel White Fang, in which two men and their team of dogs are relentlessly pursued by a pack of wolves.
3) Our Mountains (Yama e - 山へ)  Set in 1920s Japan, the story follows an elderly hunter in his attempts to take vengeance on the enormous bear that killed his son.
4) Kaiyose-Jima (貝寄風島)  A nostalgic tale in which a boy is sent to spend the summer with relatives on the coast after his mother is taken ill.
5) Shôkarô (松華樓)  A mangaka looks back on the strange apartment building he lived in when he first came to Tokyo as an aspiring artist and the unusual people he met there.
6) Return To The Sea (Umi e Kaeru - 海へ還る)  The tale of a marine biologist working on the coast of Alaska who becomes obsessed with an elderly bowhead whale and the Inuit tales of a whale cemetery.
冻土的旅人 凍土の旅人 谷口ジロー傑作集 Der Wanderer im Eis L'Homme de la toundra (French) L'uomo della tundra Tōdo no Tabibito Taniguchi Jiro Kessakushu The Ice Wanderer and Other Stories Wędrowiec z tundry