For background art in manga, you prefer...
Lots of detail
An average amount of detail
Very little detail
Sparkles and patterns that fit the mood is just fine
I don't really pay attention to the backgrounds
I don't care

Needless
by ChapterZero on July 7th, 2008, 10:44am

Rating - 9.6 / 10.0

User rating of this review - N/A out of 5
Story/Plot - 4 out of 5
Drawing Style - 5 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

Due to the World War III, many areas in Japan are contaminated and ruined beyond hope. Also known as Black Spots, these places are isolated from the rest of the country by huge walls. As time passes, some people started living in the Black Spots and among them, some discovered powers like controlling fire, wind and other supernatural abilities. People who have such powers like them are called, "Needless". On the other hand, a drug-making company, Simeon, has gathered a group of only the strongest Needless to begin a plan of what they call Needless Hunting. Needless who were hunted each had a part of their body missing. Rumors has it that the drug-making company is actually holding human body experiments in order to develop a drug that could grant immortality.

A boy who was part of a resistance group against Simeon escaped death when Adam Blade, the protagonist, destroyed the mechanical Needless hunter without use of any form of powers. In order to keep its secrets safe, a Needless was dispatched in order to get rid of Blade. But when that failed, the two personal guards of Adam Arkwright, leader of Simeon Needless group, were sent to succeed the uncompleted task.

All in all, the plot is somewhat decent, not great. However, the plot isn't what I'm reading this manga for, though I'm not saying the plot sucks, it's decent. But it's the fighting scenes that I'm looking forward to! The intense blood and sweat battles between Needless! If you love fighting scenes like a true shonen does, then you'll do good not to miss this title. The fight between Eve, the heroine on the left side of the picture above, and one of the personal guard of Arkwright at the end of volume one was totally ass-kicking! It was an overwhelming one-sided battle but at last they managed to figure out his trick (but readers were not informed, yet). And that's when volume one ended on me. God damn, I swear I picked volume two right away when I went down to Kinokuniya after that. There's a few humorous moments here and there in this title, not much, but when it decides to make you laugh, you would. They weren't just tickles, they were LOL moments.

There are no comments/ratings of this review.