After finishing a series that you like, you most hope to find
Anime of it
Sequel or spin-off
Another series by the same author
Merchandise for sale
Fan fiction
Fan art
A community to discuss the series with
I don't finish series
I have no hope for anything

Busou Renkin

Characters - 4.5 out of 5
Drawing Style - 4 out of 5
Overall - 5 out of 5

Plot/Story
The story starts out with Kazuki(Main character) making an attemt to save a girl named Tokiko(Supporting character) from a monster,but instead gets killed.Luckly Tokiko is a Renkin specialist,and gives Kazuki a "kakugane" (An iron core used for "Busou Renkin") in place of a heart.The kakugane is a life force made from alchemy, and has the power to revive Kazuki.The kagugane also gives it's user the abilty to use "Busou Renkin",which is a weapon used to slay "homunculus"(The type of monster that killed Kazuki).This is where the adventure begins....

Characters
The characters are great,they have a good variety of this and that(funny,serious,etc...),and Tokiko isn't the cute highscool girl,the scar on her face shows shes a real fighter.The weapons are differnt than what you see in most manga(Kazuki's weapon is a lance,Tokiko's weapon is a multiple scythe).But other than those,the characters are simalar to what you see in most shounen manga.

The regular characters seem normal manga style.But details on machines and such have really high quality.Making them seem more real.So far i haven't seen any big breasted women,not a good thing or a bad thing.But also is more realistic,considering the characters are in highschool.

Enjoyment
The story is great,it leaves you wanting more no matter where you are.The fights are equaly great since they arn't as simple as allout attacks.And every chapter has a good share of laughs(I was even caught off guard a few times).

Overall
With this manga being as great as it,I can see a anime series coming soon.This manga worth the time to read,I was suprised myself as to how good it was.The story seems as if it's only begun,so i can't wait for new chapter to scanlated.So shounen fans,take some time to read this and be AMAZED!

No Subject by CGY on March 4th, 2006, 6:50pm Rating: 4

Well, good review, but I have to say, the details of the machines or things like that, aren't really that good. Rather, it's more like drawing than real things.

Not really good by XNihili on February 24th, 2006, 3:39am Rating: 2

I've read a few of this manga and I must say it is a really basic shounen manga.
The art is ok, it is nicely done but too simple for my taste.
I find it weaker than Ruroni Kenshin (from the same author).
The characters behave like they all do in shounen manga, this making the plot easy to guess and rather boring.
The fights aren't really impressive. They are a bit original due to the power of the weapons but I find Flame of Recca or Mär much more inventive in this part.
I think there are enough good shounen manga to spend too much time on this one, but you can give it a try and judge for yourselves.