Login to add items to your list, keep track of your progress, and rate series!
1) Hide and Seek Takeru's sister complex is out of control, so when he sees her on a date with his rival Wanigawara he loses it! Fighting together in the street attracts police attention, and the two combatants are forced to hide in a cramped alley. But the atmosphere is strangely exciting...
2) Parallel Punch!! Rising boxer Jin is being hit on by his sponsor, the director of a successful corporation, is wealth enough to knock Jin off his feet or does it take something else?
3) XLL Size Nao keeps his older brother, Masaya, from going to a goukon in a very special way.
4) Youthful Burst Takahashi thinks it's just a little teasing, but he isn't prepared for his classmate's reaction.
5) Black Sixth Class Hisashi accidentally sees Ide-sempai and their university professor having sex. What will it take for him to not tell anyone about what he saw?
6) Deep Inside the Back of the Throat What happens after Barou loses to Kosugi in a drunken arm wrestling match?
7) Winter Comes Around Atsuhiro is living with his uncle and they get into an argument which leads to things.
8) Rumor About the Professor There's a strange rumor going on about the economics Professor...
9) Loup-Garou Gokou In a village full of werewolves, everyone is always searching for someone to spend the full moon with because that's when their sex drives are the strongest. Young Ichi is determined to wait for true love, but will he be able to resist the moon's pull, especially when he is pursued by Goroku?
Extra) Hide and Seek After Wanigawara and Takeru are on a very special holiday.
You must login to comment for this series! Register an account.
A fun read! I didn't really notice the bara because I was busy feeling the emotions of the characters! I loved how the mangaka combined humour and 'hotness' simultaneously so that the reader is er... entertained all round! The chapter about the student-professor relationship, however, did not seem like it belonged with the rest of the book. Not to say that it was worse in any way (I thought it was actually a bit better in terms of story quality), but it was quite dark and just seemed out of place with the overall light feeling of the other stories. Loup Garou Gakou is probably one of the hottest yaoi werewolf manga stories I have ever read *drool*
... Last updated on March 28th, 2010, 4:58am
cheese and rice!!
this manga was awesome. seriously, it hits the spot when you get sick of cutsey girly yaoi and just want somethin gruff n buff haha (: jeebus crimeny, this manga was HOOOTT. no story needed when you just want a fix of something funny and smutty.
ily ike reibun. <33
Good art, bad stories
The art is very nice. Although a little bara like (especially ch8 & ch2), it does strike a nice balance and the men look like men without being overly hairy (the further from Okane ga Nai stereotype the better). The stories on the other hand are absolutely dreadful and shallow even for bara standards (laugh, see ch2). Exception being ch9 (werewolves!) which had a more than decent story and was altogether quite good. The early chapters aren't really worth translating and I'm a little surprised LP decided to do them (still, thankful they did). Then again if I want a good story I read one of Miyamoto Kano Sensei stories <3. I would have thought it was the ~5 page length that forced the "Hide and Seek" stories to be bad but there's "Under the Sakura Trees" to convince me otherwise (only 2 pages). So 9/10 for ch9, 8/10 for art and 3/10 for the other stories.
Yeah this is bara (for men) and not boy's love, which wasn't the problem for me. It was just that it was so pointless. No characterization, no story, no emotion... nothing but graphic sex. The chapters were very short . You don't actually even need a translation for this since nothing is going on but random acts of manly sex.
... Last updated on July 8th, 2009, 4:00am
Lost of blood
Im in desperate need of Type AB blood, thats how many nosebleeds I had while reading this......I almost forgot how graphic ike's oneshots are. wooo...okay i need to fan myself after chap 9
Looks like bara, reads like yaoi.
If bara and yaoi had a baby, this would be it. It's good, but part of me wishes it was a little less yaoi and a little more bara. Good for a first attempt, though.
Really, quite good.
I have read most of Reibun Ike's stuff. Most of it I liked and would recommend, but this collection I loved. It is so erotic and pleasant to the eye. The characters are manly and so much fun. They were not effeminate but were still very attractive. Thankfully, I check Reibun Ike's blog pretty frequently, and I know that she will continue to do works like this. Thank goodness! I appreciate her art and style regardless of the "audience."
... Last updated on January 26th, 2009, 1:10pm
Attempt on bara
@pleochroic it feels bara (g-comi) because it is bara, it was printed as bara, not yaoi.
Thankfully (and hopefully) this will be her last one, because her yaoi background clashes with her attempt to get attention of the male gay audience ending up with strangely effeminated muscular men and on some level it remains yaoi (and not bara). The story content remains your average Ike Reibun, ie there are some good stories, there are some mediocre ones (nothing exceptional) and you get to see many different subjects usually avoided in yaoi (but typical for bara) such as: muscular and older "uke" less muscular and younger "seme", over 30yo protagonists, hairy men, no attempt on censorship etc.
unusual for BL
unusual for ike reibun too, who's normally a "pretty boy" artist. but the men in these oneshots aren't pretty boys. this actually feels like bara to me. there aren't any flowery shoujo backgrounds here -- the men are well-muscled, have square chins, beards (and there are no flowing locks), several are oyaji, some have body hair (and not just the werewolves in ch9), and rather large-sized equipment -- and they use it in very explicit ways. this probably won't appeal to the minami haruka fangirls, but those of us who like our lust objects to be more substantial can rejoice.
at this point only story #9 is scanlated, and i can't judge the quality of the other stories, since i've just seen a chinese copy and i don't read chinese; i wouldn't expect too much from a single volume that squeezes 9 oneshots in. and the content is highly smutty which means the storylines are even less likely to have any depth. but the art is a hit of fresh air.